Module 3 - Introduction to ERDAS Imagine

 


This week’s lab was an introduction to ERDAS imagine. ERDAS is an excellent tool for analyzing multiple raster images at once. This week’s lab was all about Thematic Mapping and understanding Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) wavelengths and frequencies to help us better understand and analyze map features when using ERDAS.

The thematic map above is a selection from a larger LANDSAT raster image of Olympia National Park. I used ERDAS to view the raster image. I selected the specific area of the map I wanted to work with and calculated the new total area of my selection with the attribute table. I added this new area selection to ArcGIS Pro to create the map. I updated the thematic mapping symbology colors and added the legend and map elements. 


Comments